Excellent and hilarious piece of work from Scott Bryan, demolishing sensational weather headlines in the Express. Since the departure of the Giles cartoons, it hasn’t had a redeeming feature.
There’s one thing the Daily Express likes to talk about.
That’s right… it is THE WEATHER.
For example, here was last Monday’s front page:
But how many times have stories about the weather appeared on the front page?
According to my own research, since September 2011:
- Stories about the WEATHER has appeared on the front page Daily Express 111 times.
- It has been the MAIN NEWS STORY OF THE DAY52 times.
- It has predicted hurricanes 3 times in the last year. It also claims that a hurricane hit Britain on the 4th January.
- There has been 12 instances in the last year where it has predicted or has claimed weather ‘chaos’.
- Here is a wordle of their top weather related headlines in the last year:
So, how many times has it accurately predicted the weather? I’m no meteorologist, but here are all of the…
View original post 3,074 more words